To say I am impressed is an understatement, I am beyond that. What we have seen last weekend by Minelab was pure genius and I congratulate them wholeheartedly.
Dectival in the U.K was the scene for the launch of minelabs latest release coin and relic detector to the market. The Equinox is Now released…… well technically it’s not that will come late in the year for most people but it looks like Aussies will have to wait until February 2018.
Now what we saw was a lesson to every other manufacturer of metal detecting gear on how to launch a machine to market. It was done so well I felt compelled to write this article so everyone knew just how impressed I am.
I’ll Bullet point my thoughts and hopefully you’ll agree with me on the genius of this launch.
If not I’ll happily take a roasting in the comments.
Ok Here we go……………
- Minelab Launched a machine right on time to take on the Garrett AT Max and also the XP Deus V4 to a lesser degree. BUT They didn’t launch it to market they just announced it’s release, Thus putting the breaks on anyone sitting on the fence on which way to go.
People that where going to buy the ATmax now are “Waiting to see” what the reviews are before making a decision. As the machine is launched in about 2-3 Months time they have effectively halved the ATmax pre-sales! The same thing has happened to XP deus but again to a lesser degree.
HATS OFF CHAPS! Champion Move to stall the market leading into christmas, PURE GENIUS from a marketing standpoint.
- Now this REALLY makes me proud! Not only did they launch a new detector they launched 2 models of it! Why is that so impressive you may ask. Well you see a fair percentage of people will come in at the 600 level and after a while think to themselves I think I can do better by upgrading to the 800. Do you see what’s happened? Not only do they get to sell you one detector, in a fair few cases they will sell you 2!
AGAIN Hats Off, Just genius to be able to take the person’s money not once but twice! and it gets better!
- Not only did the Equinox get released in 2 models the New pin pointer also has 2 models! Again Just genius, hold a few features back, throw ’em in a new model for a few bucks more and again in a lot of cases you’ll double up!
- Launching the machine months before you can even get one is again just an unbelievably awesome move to throw some mud in the water and slow the competition down in a prime selling time.
This really could not have been pulled off better, not only did the launch occur that weekend but all of a sudden there are many people in many countries that have a review video on youtube.
ON THE SAME WEEKEND WITH A DETECTOR YOU CAN’T BUY!
Now call it co-incidence if you like but if you believe that then you’ll believe that this is an Australian Company making products for Australian detectorists.
Globally Launched the thing in 2 days and just look at social media to see how well it went.
- Now this last point has me somewhat stunned.
I have seen Multiple CTX3030 Users saying how stoked they are about the new equinox and how they’ll be buying one as the CTX has always been a bit heavy and dare I say It a little sluggish at times.
NOT EVEN 1 complaint that the $2600 detector they own has possibly Just been superseded by a machine nearly half the price! Not even 1 outraged owner that I have seen!
What voodoo was used to pull this off I will never know as I am probably just not smart enough to work it out, but whatever it was it is just truly impressive.
Whats a CTX3030 going to be worth post feb 2018 in Australia? A Hard question to answer when people are asking to do a trade in with me.
Not really sure who coordinates the marketing but this whole announcement was done very very well.
Just look at The ATMax launch, Barely a murmur really here in Australia after a few initial posts. I know they are around in the field being used by the Garrett Crew but very little has emerged about how they perform. It’s the complete opposite to what just happened at Detectival.
Already people are looking to place orders for equinox on places like facebook and in a forum or 2 and I know of at least 1 Business that is actively seeking pre-orders now.
Just amazing really, I really can’t describe in words just how good a job of this I think they did.
So for all of those people that are sitting on the fence I recommend changing positions regularly to avoid blood flow issues to your legs as you’ll need them when you finally come down on one side or the other to go for a swing.
For those that have forgotten that there are really more than 2 manufacturers of Coin and relic detectors don’t forget to look around at some of that weird, lightweight euro stuff, as it is impressing some pretty hard to impress people here in Australia.
So Hats off to the crew for a great launch over the weekend and I look forward to seeing what happens where it counts, when the coil is pointing at the soil.
Happy Hunting Folks with whatever it is you are swinging, remember the key to finding more is to learn more about your machine, it’s also the cheapest option. LOL