As an Aussie detectorist there are certain rules and responsibilities that we have. In our Hobby these rules are not enforced, they are a set of guidelines we CHOOSE to follow.
Thus protecting the environment and making sure that detectorists everywhere have access to their favourite areas for a long time to come.
Some don’t take this seriously, and is up to us to sometimes gently remind people that we have a code and NOT sticking to it has knock on affects for us all.
Please feel free to refer people you think may need a refresher course on responsible detecting.
We take VERY seriously the Detectorists Code of Ethics.
- I will follow all laws relating to metal detecting on Commonwealth, State and Local Government lands as well as any laws pertaining to the local areas I may be detecting.
- I will respect the rights of private property owners and always obtain the owners permission before metal detecting on private property.
- I will recover targets in a way that will not damage or kill vegetation and I will fill in holes completely leaving the area looking as it was before I was there.
- I remove all trash objects found and dispose it of them properly.
- I will report the discovery of any items that have significant historical value to the proper authorities, so that many may enjoy my finds.
- I will use my powers of common courtesy and common sense at all times.
- I will set a good example of how people should enjoy the lawful hobby of recreational metal detecting.
We Invite all responsible metal detectorists to join our Newsletter and get the latest from Aussie detectorist and XP Detectors in Australia.